Cars... Still one of your best investments
be sharing our "Sniglets" with you, so please feel
free to share your "Sniglets" with us! Share a "Sniglet"
|From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sniglet is a neologism, popularized by comedian/actor Rich Hall during his tenure on the 1980s HBO comedy series Not Necessarily the News.
Each episode of the monthly series featured a regular segment on
sniglets, which Hall described as "any word that doesn't appear in the
dictionary, but should". Hall's own sniglets, along with submissions by
fans, were compiled into several books, starting with Sniglets and More Sniglets.
- Alcolean: The point just before a drunk person starts to stumble.
- Ambivilane: The striped area by an exit ramp where people often pull off when trying to decide, "Is this my exit?"
- Autoberg: The chunks of ice that form on your car fenders when driving on snowy roads.
- Bovilexia: The uncontrolable urge to lean out the car window and "Moo!" every time you pass a cow.
- Brakenoia: The act or urge of stepping on the brake pedal on the passenger side of the car.
- Brattled: The unsetlled feeling, at a stoplight, that a busload of kids that just pulled up beside you is making fun of you.
- Bugpedal: To accelerate or decelerate rapidly in an attempt to remove a clinging insect from a car's windshield.
The small reflective obstacles in the middle of the interstate
highways which supposedly keep drivers awake and on track.
- Carcreak: Those crackling, tinklling, creaking noises your car makes after you park and turn it off.
- Careena: Any mangled or missing piece of highway guard rail.
- Destinesia: When you go somewhere, then upon arrival, forget why you went there.
- Downpause: The split second interruption of rain as you drive your car under a bridge.
- Elacceleration: The mistaken belief that the more times one presses an elevator call button, the faster the elevator will arrive.
- Hozone: That mysterious place where one sock always seems to end up after doing laundry.
- Icealanche: The avalanche of ice that occurs when a glass or cup is tipped up to drink the last of the liquid.
- Idiolocation: The spot on the map marked "You are here."
- Idiot Box: The part of the envelope that tells a person where to place the stamp when they can't quite figure it out for themselves.
- Lactomangulation: Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk carton so badly that one has to resort to using the "illegal" side.
- Magnacarta: The lonely car in a lot that always attracts shopping carts.
- Maypop: A bald tire.
- Methylphobia: The fear that you are going to have to pay for the one cent over-pumped at the self-service station.
- Mowmuffins: The dried accumulation of grass on the underside of lawn mowers.
- Musquirt: The yellow-colored liquid water that condenses on the top surface of a refrigerated mustard squeeze bottle.
- Nizzlebrill: The "night-day" switch on the rearview mirror.
The area directly above the urinal in public restrooms that
men stare at, knowing that a glance in any other direction would arouse
- Petrool: The slow, seemingly endless strand of motor oil at the end of the can.
- Rignition: The embarassing action of trying to start one's car with the engine already running.
- Sark: The marks left on one's ankle after wearing tube socks all day.
The condition that exists while driving, when you are trying to
pull out through an intersection where it is clear to the right but not
to the left, then it is clear to the left but not to the right, then
the same over and over again.
Driving Directions |
to Buy | Looking to Sell | SOLD Inventory
2008-2015 Bad Boy Auto.